Wednesday 4 September 2013

Definite and possible

Managed to get to East Chevington yesterday for the White-rumped Sandpiper- lifer. The north pool continues to look in good shape and attracted Ringed Plover, Dunlin, Black- Tailed Godwit and Ruff.
Eventually the WR Sand showed itself on the near bank but kept disappearing behind the overgrown reeds.

With GM having found four Spotted Flycatcher at Arcot yesterday evening I was soon at WH to try and find one there. On arrival six dogs and their owners along with four horses were leaving so not much chance I thought.
Nothing on the pools apart form a load of horse shite so I checked the area behind the sub station. I did hear one bird making a soft robin like ticking sound and looked like a Flycatcher in silhouette but I never got a good look and as the light faded it never reappeared.


No comments: