Monday 1 April 2013

WH WR

I decided to sit at West Hartford for a couple of hours and see what flew over this morning. Approaching form the fire station end I walked across the marshy field to view near the brick building so that I had a better view over the river.


Nothing much on the main pool as all the activity seemed to be concentrated around the ever-expanding pools in the marshy field. 4 Gadwall and a few Mallard were on the biggest pool and 2 Common Snipe were also still around. Best of all though was a Water Rail, which was weaving its way through the reeds before flying off when it saw me and landing in the middle of the field.

I should have just gone back then, as I didn’t see much else. A Fox was making its way through the field, a Buzzard was mobbed overhead and 4 Shelduck flew east. Also 2 Grey Partridge lifted from the rubbish pile on my way back.

No comments: