Sunday 22 April 2012

Around Cramlington

Another early mornign trip to West Hartford this morning after the rain. On my way 3 Linnet were sitting on LiverBirder's fence before flying off. Nothing much to report until 8:05 when I heard a distant Greenshank. It soon appeared and landed on the main pool before flying off north. I say pool but WH is so flooded at the moment the whole area is one big pool.
2 Swallows and a Sand Martin (my first of the year) were hawking over the pools and three Short Eared Owls were in flight.
I went and checked the bushes behind the substation hoping that a migrant had dropped in with the rain but unlike this time last year nothing. No Wryneck .
When I got back to the pool 1 Shelduck, 3 Canada Geese and a pair of Gadwall had appeared and were being watched by LMcD.
We went to Arcot Pond next and did a circuit of the pond. 5 Tufties, 2 Little Grebe and 2 Coot were on the pond and 2 Lesser Whitethroat were calling from the hedgerows surrounding the highland cow field.

No comments: