Friday 9 March 2012

Work stops for a county tick

I have only managed to get out of the house a few times in the last week. A few quick checks of West Hartford produced the same every time, Shelduck, 3 LBB Gull and a Mute Swan.
The most interesting sighting I had was last Friday when I was scanning from Nelson Hill, the gull flock took off from WH and a single Goose flew with them before following the River Blyth then turning around and flying off in the direction of Holywell.
Visibility was poor but and the only feature I could pick out was a large white wing panel.

This week I had two attempts for the Egyptian Goose at Holywell. The first was unsuccessful as I found the flock and a White Fronted Goose but no Egyptian. 10 Tree Sparrow were in the hedge between the new viewing screen and the public hide.
Yesterday I went back with JM and this time the Goose was showing well much closer in the field west of the pond.
A nice bird with a lot better credentials than the pair at Stakeford Bridge!

No comments: