Wednesday 21 March 2012

First addition to the West Hartford list 2012

I got up early to go to West Hartford this morning. As I arrived I met MH on his bike who had just found the Jack Snipe. He said there wasn't much else on the pools so instead I checked the back fields towards the river.

The fields were quiet so I went to the fence line bordering trees surrounding the river. From hear were 2 Stock Dove, 2 Sparrowhawk, 2 Chiffchaff, 1 GS Woodpecker and a possible singing Marsh Tit. There was a tit flock in an area of scrub under one of the pylons and amongst the group was a song I wasn't familiar with. Since I have listended to recordings on the internet but I'm still not sure, I'll have to go back and check sometime.

Just before I left I heard a sound I am more familiar with, a Crossbill chipped away as it flew south over the river. I even managed to see it as it flew over, a nice green female.
A long overdue fly over at WH is the first addition of 2012, but what will be next?

No comments: