Tuesday 28 September 2010

Back again

After the success I had three weeks ago with Holywell Birder I went back to check for migrants at Seaton Sluice this afternoon.
There were 8+ Robins in the harbour alone along with Dunnock, Blackbird and Meadow Pipit, much like yesterday.
A Redstart was flicking around the bushes next to the sluice bridge as I crossed onto Rocky Island. I searches all the same areas I had searched three weeks ago but instead of Warblers and a Wryneck all I could find were more Robins and Wrens.
4 Stonechat were tacking from the tops of the bushes leading down to the harbour and a Grey Wagtail flew down the sluice and onto the beach.
After thrashing through half a mile of dunes on the way back to the car all I flushed was a single Wheatear.

More Robins, Wrens, Dunnock and Blackbirds have appeared in my garden over night along with a couple of Redwing.

No comments: