Thursday 19 August 2010

It's official - I have a name tag

Today on one of my last day of volunteering at Washington Wildfowl Park this year, I received my official name tag, no more ducking under the counter to avoid paying for me.
The breeding season for the Chilean Flamingos is nearly over and soon they will start to moult, so again another unsuccessful breeding year for Flamingos at Washington.
The Moorhens were making the most out of the artificial nest on the island as they filled it with sticks and feathers.

The Wader Lake has been flooded recently so all the islands and muddy margins are gone, so instead I went to the Woodland Hide on my lunch break.
Amongst the family parties of Great, Coal and Blue Tit was a single Willow Tit hanging on a peanut feeder. A pair of Nuthatch and a GS Woodpecker were the other birds of note.

I went to West Hartford when I got back where there was no sign of last nights Whinchats. I checked all the fence post and walked through the fields behind the smaller pool but the only bird I saw was a Grasshopper Warbler.
Both Pools were quiet apart from 1 Greenshank and 1 Green Sandpiper which flew off and landed near the River Blyth.

No comments: