Wednesday 26 May 2010

One of those Days

After the rain this afternoon I was going to go to West Hartford but I kept putting it off.
Had I gone earlier then I would have probably found the Temminck's Stint- Patch Tick, at WH and have a crammy first to my name.
Oh well I didn't but at least I got the bird along with 2 Ringed Plover, Wood Sandpiper and Barn Owl.
After watching the mobile wader for a few minutes I saw it fly off high calling, I checked the other pool but there was no sign.
There will be another chance for me to get a Crammy first I'm sure with Quail, Curlew Sandpiper,Grey Plover, Black Redstart,Bean Goose and a few others my predictions for the next first.

103 - Temminck's Stint

1 comment:

The Liverbirder said...

Think again, Crammy, with me and my trusted companion, your 'Firsts' are numbered!