Tuesday 18 May 2010

Garden Walk

After being woken up by the school fields grass cutter at 7:00 this morning I decided to get up earlier and have a walk around the estate.

I officially finished my first year at Teesside University last week and term starts again on 4th October so I will try to have a walk around the patch most day, well I've got to do something for the next 5 months :)

I started at the Brockwell scrubland which was alive with song. 4 Chiffchaff, 3 Whitethroat, 2 Blackcap, a distant Grasshopper Warbler and a displaying Skylark were all within a few hundred yards of each other.
This morning was also the first time I remember being out and feeling hot in the sun this year.

I then checked the roundabout and other bushes around Nelson Hill which again held Chiffchaff and Blackcap. It was more of the same at the trees around the outskirts of the industrial estate.

Finally I checked the West Hartford roundabout where a pair of Garden Warblers - Patch Tick, were in full song out in the open. As soon as I got close they dived further into cover but I could still hear them singing.

98 - Garden Warbler

No comments: