Sunday 28 June 2009

Crammy In Cornwall

I am writing this post on holiday in Cornwall where I have been for the last few days. On the way down we stopped on the edge of a wood for a break. I heard the familiar sound of a Green Woodpecker yaffling in the trees overhead.
Eventually I spotted it crawling up the side of a tree where it fed its young which were hanging out of a hole, I'd never seen a Green Woodpecker nest before this.

We are staying at Porthallow on the south Cornwall coast at the top of a valley. I had an hour long wonder along the cliffs yesterday but I couldn't see anything on the sea.
Two Common Buzzards flew over as did four Ravens which cronked as they moved inland from the sea.
The only sea bird I have seen is a Fulmar which flew along the cliff tops.

Plenty of Swifts are flying around the house and I'm sure the humid weather will result in a thunder storm, hopefully when I have my camera handy.

2 comments:

Yellowbelly in Exile said...

Hope you get a good view of one of the prize birds in that region. If you do you should be well choughed. OK, less of the awful puns - enjoy the holiday.

Crammy Birder said...

cheers Vanellus