Friday 15 May 2009

West Hartford after the rain

I got a text off Steve H this afternoon saying there was a Greenshank at WH, a few hours later I went down for a look.
Only one Sheelduck on the pool and the Greenshank- Patch Tick, on the exposed mud at the back.
I checked the small pool and as I did I heard the Greenshank call and saw it fly off before it landed in the marsh after flying up and down the road for a while.
As it took off I just managed to see the cigar shaped white patch on its back. 2 LBB Gulls were on the grass near the roundabout and a Chiffchaff was calling.
20+ House Martins and 2 Swifts were flying low over the pool, some landed on the mud.

I had a quick check at Arcot around half nine the other night but not much apart from 7 Pochard.
Also I flushed a Roe Deer from the rubbish pile at West Hartford on Monday.

97 - Greenshank

No comments: