Tuesday 17 March 2009

It must be Spring

The weather was so good today I decided to go to West Hartford for half an hour after school.
I added Skylark to my CLV list today as I heard one singing overhead.
As I was walking to the pool at West Hartford I noticed a small, dull brownish bird on the ground, which then ran into the grass and out of sight. It looked like a Meadow Pipit or Skylark or something but I thought I better check it out anyway.
I was about to flush it out when I was nearly taken out by a F****g dog! It also flushed the mystery bird, which I couldn’t find again.
That is the main problem with West Hartford to many dogs and their owners, inconsiderate ****s, rant over.
On the pool there were around 80 Gulls again but again nothing special amongst them, its about time a Little or med Gull turned up.
20+ Lapwing and Oystercatchers were at the back of the pool with one Moorhen and 1 Teal.
Also I flushed a couple of Mallards from the smaller pool, I then heard the two Shellduck that have been around for a while, fly over and saw them land on the main pool with 4 more Mallard.
5 Mute Swans were also there and another duck flew out of the marshy area to the left of the pond. I was hoping for Pintail or an early Garganey but it was another Mallard.A male Kestrel was hunting over the back fields and 20 Linnet were on the pylon wires.

No comments: