Sunday 25 January 2009

Waxwings at last!!!



































































































On the way back from St.Mary’s we were driving past the roundabout at the bottom of Brockwell and I noticed the long row of Berry trees and thought, Waxwings will be on there one day.
As if by magic we got around the corner and I saw 7 Waxwings feeding on the berries in between the entrance to the new school development and Jane Percy House.
We pulled up in the bus stop and I ran home to get my camera, hoping that they would stay. They did and when I came back there were now 10 of them feeding on the berries and posing in the trees next to them.
Another car pulled up and a man and his friends came over who had also spotted them.
I managed to get some photos but most of them were blurred, due to the fact that I can’t seem to keep the camera still.This is the first time I have seen Waxwings in 10 years, I don’t know how I keep managing to miss them. They were one of my first ever bird sightings and one of the reasons why I became interested in birds, so I have always had a soft spot for them.

2 comments:

John Malloy said...

Nice one Phil - hope they're still around tomorrow!

Stewart said...

Great birds Phil, a real crowd pleaser...