Wednesday 15 October 2008

Sherwood Forest

I have been at Centre Parcs in Sherwood Forest (Nottinghamshire) with friends for the past few days and on a trip where I did little bird watching I managed to see.
4 Mute Swan, 11 Canada Geese, 12 Mallard, 9 Egyptian Geese, 70+ Moorhen, 5 Coot, 1 BH Gull, 1 Great Crested Grebe, 1 Sparrowhawk, 1 Common Buzzard, 2 Pheasant, 3 Stock Dove, 20 Woodpigeon, 2 Great Spotted Woodpecker, 5 Dunnock, 4 Robin, , 4 Blackbird, 2 Goldcrest, 5 Longtaild Tit, 9 Coal Tit, 2 Great Tit, 5 Blue Tit, 2 Treecreeper, 1 Nuthatch, 4 Magpie, 4 Jay, 3 Carrion Crow, 10 Chaffinch, 20 Siskin, 30+ Mealy Redpoll, 2 Greenfinch, 40+ Goldfinch and 2 Wren. Not bad.
I was glad to see that since my last visit 2 hides and a nature centre have been opened. A small section of heathland has been created to attract Nightjar.
Pictures will follow...

No comments: