Sunday 13 July 2008

Seawatch and the usual boring July


On Wedneday I had a 2 hour sea watch at Seaton Sluice between 7:30 and 9:30.

I sat on the cliff edge and watched 6 Fulmars nesting on the cliff side for most of the time but still managed to see 4 Sandwich Tern, 1 Kittiwake, 2 Herring Gull, 1 Cormorant, 1 Grey Heron and 35 Eider duck offshore.

Yesterday I went to St Mary's and saw 6 Turnstone, 7 Lapwing, 9 Oysrercatcher, 3 Curlew, 24 BH Gull, 4 Sand Martin and 2 House Martin.

The wetland was dead apart from 4 Swallow, 7 Linnet, 1 Moorhen, 6 House Sparrow, 4 Goldfinch and 1 Reed Warbler.

Next off to Holywell pond where there was 10 Canada Geese, 6 Greylag Geese, 12 Tufted Duck, 6 Mallard, 4 Pochard, 1 Coot, 6 Great Crested Grebe and 1 Grey Heron, Little Grebe calling in the reeds.

On my way towards the members hide I heard a Grasshopper Warbler.

It's a good job that I didn't walk on the beach at Seaton Sluice the other day as Lesser Weaver Fish have been found there and at South Beach.

No comments: