Monday 17 March 2008

!!!140!!!

Finally the spring!
Sorry about the lack of posts recently this was due to the bad weather. Yeah that was a terrible excuse.
Anyway I had two trips this weekend both to locations that I check once in a blue moon, Prestwick on Saturday and the lower cheviots on the sunday.
I decided to check Prestwick not just because I was in the area but because it provides some of the best views of Hen Harriers in Northumberland.
With only a half an hour window to check the visit came to nothing and all I saw were 60+ rabbits.
With a lot more time availablein the Chiviots on sunday I saw a lot more.
In total I saw 7 Lapwing, 6 Curlew, 4 Oystercatcher, 30+ Skylark, 1 Dipper, 5 Carrion Crow, 40+ Chaffinch, 1 Blue tit, 1 Great tit, 1 Buzzard and my 140th recorded British bird, 1 Goshawk.

No comments: